Dutch Chapman originally got interested in showing horses after he watched a show from the side lines. He made his show ring debut in 1985 and has been racking up the wins ever since. Eventually his focus turned soley to the sport of reining and he has left an indelible mark on the sport. With lifetime earnings nearing $80,000, Chapman is also a two-time NRHA World Champion. His first big win came in 1990 aboard Smoke And Lightning, when they won the Limited Open championship. Dutch earned his second World Championship in 1992 aboard Tiny Money Miss in the Novice Horse Open division. His talents are not limited to hauling down the road. This multi-talented trainer has been the NRBC Limited Open Derby Reserve Champion and the Carolina Classic Limited Open Derby Reserve Champion. He has also been a finalist at the NRHA Derby, Futurity and the All-American Quarter Horse Congress Futurity.
Chapman has ridden to and coached his clients and assistant trainers to more than 60 NRHA Top-Ten finishes, 45 World and Reserve World championships, which have been spread among every division that NRHA offers. This group has earned more than $500,000 in NRHA competition. He has also coached two Rookie of the Year winners!
Dutch’s training program spans from the green rider to the accomplished non pro and covers the training of young prospects to the experienced show horse. His multi-faceted training program can help you and your horse get to the winners circle.
Dutch Chapman has always mentored Assistant Trainers who have gone on to be Trainers all over the world. Some have stayed close to the East coast, others are across the nation or even overseas. All of them are very lucky to work for a trainer like him. Many of his assistants receive the opportunity to show horses and some even compete for world titles. Some of his Protoge include Craig Schmersal, Stephen Siadik, Brian Bell, Jerry Coleman, Jayne Mount, Lucie Blouin, Oliver Van Den Berg, Martina Morell, Erik Bohan, and Jeremy Gates.
Rufolena, with current LTE of $6,500 is an own daughter of Million Dollar Sire Lil Ruf Peppy. Beautiful Sorrel Mare, refined looks, out of Ann O Lena Guard, a proven producer, whose offspring has earned in excess of $58,000. Rufolena was 2008 Champion in the Ltd. Open Firecracker Classic Santa Hill Derby, A Lawson Bronze trophy Winner, and Finalist in the Carolina Classic Derby. She placed fourth in the Ltd. Open Futurity at the 2007 All American Quarterhorse Congress.
- Amazing +1 Stops and Spins
- Derby and NRBC Eligible for 2010
- Upper level Non Pro or Open Horse
Contact Dutch Chapman
Chapman Reining Horses would like to congratulate the following customers on their placings at the EPRHA Slide into Summer Show
- Donald Burgy was Reserve Champion in the Prime Time Nonpro and 3rd in theNonpro on Chic With Chex
- Alexis McCoy was Champion in the Youth Rookie on Lenas Sugar Doc
- Evelyn Burgy was fifth in the Rookie II and 3rd in the Prime Time Rookieshowing Whiz Bang Spark for the first time scoring a 140
- Donald Burgy was 3rd on Chic With Chex in the Prime Time Nonpro
- Holly Bray was 4th on Cutter Senbar in the Prime Time Nonpro
- Donald Burgy was Reserve Champion in the Limited Nonpro and 4th in theIntermediate Nonpro on Chic With Chex
- Craig Stonesifer was 3rd in Novice Horse Nonpro on E Equals MC Squared
Chapman Reining Horses would like to congratulate Martin Audet on his Reserve Champion finish in the level 1 and level 2 and 4th in the level 3 Derby at the Virginia Reining Horse Association Memorial Day Classic on Whiz Bang Spark.
Chapman Reining Horses would like to congratulate Craig Stonesifer on being Reserve Champion in the Novice Horse Non-pro class at the Carolina Classic on ImaChocolate Chex
Chapman Reining Horses would like to congratulate the following customers on their placings at the EPRHA Spring Dream
- Alexis McCoy was Reserve Champion in the Youth Rookie and 5th in the 13 andunder classes riding Lenas Sugar Doc
- Holly Bray was 5th in the Prime Time Nonpro riding Cutter Senbar
Chapman Reining Horses would like to congratulate the following trainers on their placings at the EPRHA Spring Dream
- Cade Whittle was Champion in both the Rookie Professional and Limited Open classes on Sly Enterprise as well as Reserve Champion in both classes on Cutter Senbar
- Martin Audet was 3rd in the Intermediate Open on Whiz Bang Spark
- Martin Audet was 4th in the Intermediate Open on My Diamond In The Ruf
Chapman Reining Horses would like to congratulate the following customers on their placings at the EPRHA No Foolin Slide
- Alexis McCoy was Reserve Champion in the Youth Rookie and 5th in the 13 and under on Lenas Sugar Doc
- Evelyn Burgy was Reserve Champion in the Rookie II on KR Hickory Hurricane
- Kelsey McCoy was 4th in the Rookie II on Rufolena
- Don Burgy was Champion in the Prime Time Nonpro and Reserve Championin the Limited Nonpro riding Chic with Chex
- Holly Bray was Reserve Champion in the Prime Time Nonpro and 4th in the Limited Nonpro on Cutter Senbar
- John Herbst was 5th in the Prime Time Nonpro riding This Chic Dun Sittin
Chapman Reining Horses would like to congratulate the following trainers on their placing at the EPRHA No Foolin Slide
- Martin Audet was 3rd in the Intermediate Open on My Diamond In The Ruf
- Cade Whittle was Champion in the Rookie Professional and Reserve Champion in the Limited Open on KR Hickory Hurricane
- Cade Whittle was 3rd in the Rookie Professional on Sly Enterprise